click image to view full size
Main view of the MBR95
The MBR95 Wireless N Home Router provides a simple and secure way to add high-speed networking to the home. Designed specifically for multimedia, gaming and home computers, the MBR95 shares a Cable, DSL or 3G/4G Internet connection throughout the home wirelessly at 802.11 N speeds or through any of the four ethernet ports.
Supported devices include PCs, laptops, Macs, iPads, DVRs, gaming systems, cameras, printers and VoIP phones. To provide a safe networking environment, the MBR95 provides a wide variety of security features to prevent unwanted access, and robust content filtering to prevent children from accessing undesirable web content.
The MBR95 enables guest Internet access via WiFi, using a second SSID with separate security settings. This enables guests to access to the internet, without allowing them to access private home computers and devices.
Enhanced Features (over MBR900 model):
- Designed to handle current and future WiMAX and LTE modem speeds
- MIPS Processor, NetBSD Operating System, Extra Memory
Enhanced WiFi Performance
- MBR95 feature WiFi “N” with a 2x2 antenna system with internal antennas
- Offers comparable WiFi performance without the clutter
- Antenna can’t be broken off
- Sleek black design looks good in any environment
- Dual SSIDs, enabling either
- Multiple types of users ( ie, corporate + guest)
- Multiple categories of device access for QoS (ie, VoIP + other traffic)
- WiFi-as-WAN, supporting WiFi repeater or WiFi-to-Ethernet bridge
Modem Reliability Improvements
- Added “Modem Hammer”, also known as Modem Health Management (MHM)
- MHM monitors connectivity of 3rd-party USB modems.
- MHM provides tiers of recovery mechanisms, starting with software resets and escalating to hardware reset and full power cycle of modem as necessary.
Redesigned User Interface
- Completely redesigned to improve usability
- Adds monitoring widgets to provide better status visibility
- Router console dashboard provides 1-page view
Fast Facts about the MBR95:
- This router is best for: The MBR95 is affordable, easy to use, and compatible with a variety of 3G and 4G USB modems - perfect for home or small office use. It's particularly great for users who want to use a WiFi network as a backup connection, thanks to its "WiFi as WAN" capabilities.
- Form Factors Supported: 1 USB (view full compatibility chart)
- Technologies Supported: 2G, 3G, and 4G
- WiFi Standard: 802.11 B, G, & N
- WiFi Range: 100-150 through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as thick walls). For information about maximizing your router's WiFi range, check out this Tip of the Week: Maximizing Your Cradlepoint Router's WiFi Range
- Number of Ethernet ports: 1 WAN port, 4 LAN ports
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included, DC adapter sold separately
- Size: medium - 7.9" x 5.3" x 1.5"